EMERGING and ESTABLISHED ARTIST
Greater Norristown Art League policy states that an artist meeting any of the following criteria will be considered an
“ESTABLISHED” artist for purposes of GNAL:
1. Has been an artist for 10 years or more.
2. Is an art instructor.
3. Has had a one-person show in a professional gallery.
4. Makes a living as an artist.
5. Has a degree in art.
6. Has obtained signature status in a national art organization.
7. Through experience and training, has developed his/her work to a level that he/she considers professional.
1. An artist for under 10 years.
Please remember, one way of developing and validating your abilities as an artist is to be challenged by those who have become accomplished and skilled in the art experience. Please consider this when making your declaration as an Established or Emerging Artist.(See “GNAL Policy” above).
GNAL retains 20% commission from members and 30% commission from non-members on artworks sold during or as the direct result of GNAL sponsored events.
Rental Fees Policy
The Schoolhouse Gallery is available weekends for 1-3 person exhibitions. Rental fee is $150 (or 20% commission for members and 30% commission for non-members, whichever is greater). All other conditions are addressed in GNAL’s Rental Contract.
“No student will be denied admission on the basis of race, color, gender or ethnic origin. However, the Greater Norristown Art League reserves the right to refuse enrollment to participants with a history of disruptive behavior or for any impediment to the learning process of the group as a whole. ”